Price – 35,000 THB
Discount – 5,000B discount with own equipment.
Additional cost – 10,000 THB for the PADI crew pack.
PADI Divemaster is the prerequisite certification for both the PADI Assistant Instructor and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certifications.
Have a passion for diving and the underwater world?
Your adventure into the professional levels of recreational scuba diving begins with the PADI Divemaster program. Working closely with a PADI Instructor you will expand your dive knowledge and develop your skills to the professional level. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers.
Want to make the ocean your office?
Spend 6-12 weeks in paradise with unlimited diving and learn to become a dive professional. We are the only active PADI Instructor development centre on Ko Lipe offering the high standard of Divemaster training.
After completing this course you will be able to work anywhere around the world as a PADI Divemaster!
Youʼll be part of the Family!
Adang Sea Divers specialises in small groups and personalised service. We value our relationship with each diver who walks in our door. You will become part of a team and gain experience in all areas of the diving industry from filling tanks, selling equipment to assisting with dive courses.
Our PADI Instructors have years of experience and look forward to sharing their knowledge with you. You will have the opportunity to work with different instructors with different teaching styles which will give you a head start when preparing for your PADI Instructor course.
- Above Water:
- You will build upon your basic dive theory and increase your knowledge and understanding of dive topics
- Through independent and classroom study you will cover 9 chapters from the PADI Divemaster Manual. Topics include: The Role and Characteristics of a PADI Divemaster, Supervising Diving Activities, Assisting with Student Divers, Diving Safety and Risk Management, Divemaster-Conducted Programs, Speciallized Skills and Activities, The Business of Diving and Your Career, Awareness of the Dive Environment, and Dive Theory Review. For each of the 9 topics you will complete a knowledge review and then your knowledge will be tested with 2 multiple choice exams.
- You will create an Emergency Assistance Plan, relative to our local dive sites, to prepare you for any diving related emergencies.
- Under Water:
- You will preform Waterskills Exercises such as timed swims, snorkel swims, survival floats, and tired diver tows.
- You will refresh your skills with a rescue scenario.
- You will learn to demonstrate each skill from the Open Water Course to a high standard.
- You will learn how to guide certified divers and organize diving activities.
- You will assist in boat and dive shop operations.
- You will complete workshops for all PADI Divemaster conducted programs.
- You will have practical assessments for leading certified divers in open water, assisting with Open Water diver students in confined and open water, and assisting with students completing continuing education courses.
- By certification you will have logged 60 open water dives.
- You will also complete deep dive scenario, night dive, search and recovery and a mapping project.
- Supervise certified divers during diving activities.
- Assist with training divers taking PADI courses.
- Independently conduct specific PADI programs for certified divers and non-divers (ex. Scuba Review, Discover Snorkeling, PADI Skin Diver course).
- Accompany student divers during PADI Open Water dives, PADI Adventure Dives or Specialty training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
- If qualified as a PADI Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program in confined water.
To enroll in the PADI Divemaster course you must be 18 years or older, a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
(or qualifying certification from another organisation), a PADI Rescue Diver
(or qualifying certification from another training organisation), an Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care
(or qualifying first aid and CPR training from another organisation) course completion within the past 24 months, have at least 40 dives
to begin the course and 60 dives for certification, be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
To get the most out of your PADI Divemaster course we recommend you take between 6 and 12 weeks to complete the course. The roles of a PADI Divemaster challenge you both mentally and physically and the longer you spend as a Divemaster Candidate the more prepared you will be.
Adang Sea Divers is offering you a chance to continue your education and put into practice what you have learned in your Divemaster course with our optional Internship. We invite you stay for up to 2 weeks after you are certified to gain valuable ʻreal lifeʼ experience as a PADI Divemaster!
The course schedule is flexible and we can start your training whenever it suits you. This allows you to explore more of Thailand while you are here! If you have a tight schedule or would like to spread the course over a longer period please contact us and we will come up with a custom schedule to suit your needs.
The fees includes everything needed to complete your PADI Divemaster course. Equipment hire and boat fees, high quality instruction from experienced instructors, discounts on the purchase of your own diving equipment, lunch when on the boat, tea, coffee and water.
- PADI Instructor Manual
- PADI Divemaster Manual
- Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
- Scuba Tune-up Guidebook
- DSD Cue Card
- Professional Training Log
- PADI Divemaster Underwater Slates
There is also another cost, payable to PADI, for the Divemaster Application Fee (AU$159)[iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/qEzf4MjmowA” width=”70%” height=”300″] Back To Top